Monday, December 5, 2011

$0.99 cents & under for "everyday" products @ Walgreens

People don't believe me when I say I pay less than a dollar for items like toothpaste, deodorant, etc.
By the way, there were NOT signs on the shelves pointing the offers I've got.
I was flying "solo" here - my suggestion is: rely on the current weekly flyer to purchase the right products (get it from the front of the store), you'd need it anyway to cut a few Walgreens coupons from there as well... multiple transactions is the way to buy @ this drugstore.


Dove deodorant shows over $5.00 @ the shelf - don't get discouraged and bring the flyer with you @ the time of checking out in case the register doesn't ring the proper sale (mine did). Nothing shows the SALE price! (aggravated)

Transaction #1 - I paid $3.98
Contact solution 10oz. $3.99 - 1/$3.00 OFF MC from 12/4 newspaper = $0.99
Dove deodorant $3.99 - 1/$1.00 OFF MC from Facebook (not available anymore - hope you printed it @ the right time) = $2.99 BUT, I've got $3.00 RR from this transaction so...


Transaction #2 - I paid $3.27
8 Holiday paper pouches $1.00 (Walgreens coupon from current flyer)
Reynolds wrap 20 ft. $0.99 (Walgreens coupon from current flyer)
Sharpie $0.29 (Walgreens coupon from current flyer)
Revlon nail polish $3.99 - $3.00 RR from Transaction #1
I've got another $3.00 RR from the nail polish to use on my transaction

Transaction #3 - I paid $0.69
Gallon of milk $3.69 - $3.00 RR from transaction #2

My total: $7.94 for 14 items

If you want to learn how Walgreens coupon program and reward points work, visit Couponing 101.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...